What DUI issues do you have experience with?
Over the years I've worked with countless clients who are faced with DUI charges. Whether this is your first offense, or you're a repeat offender, I can work with you to help you understand the details of your specific situation and the options you have available. With that in mind, I can help with the following DUI-related issues:
- Driver's license issues, such as releasing a suspended license.
- First-time DUIs, multiple DUIs, or commercial DUI charges.
- DUI charges that involve high blood alcohol content levels.
- Requesting an administrative driver's license hearing.
- Issues with the implied consent law (the refusal to take a chemical test).
- The failure of a chemical test or field sobriety test.
What are the potential penalties of a conviction?
As is the case with most crimes, the penalty of a conviction will depend on the circumstances of your specific case, including whether or not this is your first offense, and the level of your blood alcohol content reading when you were pulled over. Generally speaking, the potential penalties for a DUI may include the following:
- First Offense - Minimum of two days in jail, a fine of up to $1,000, and a license suspension for up to 30 days, or one year depending on the blood alcohol content level. You may also receive other civil penalties such as raised insurance.
- Second Offense - Up to one year in jail, a fine up to $1,500, license suspension for one year, and installation of an Ignition Interlock Device (IID) at the driver's expense.
- Third Offense - Up to one year in jail, a minimum fine of $2,500, license suspension for one year, and installation of an IID at the driver's expense.
- Fourth Offense - up to one year in jail, a minimum fine of $2,500, license suspension for one year, and installation of an IID at the driver's expense.
In addition to any of these penalties, you could be facing other consequences due to a criminal conviction. That's why you can't afford to risk experiencing the heavy hand of the law on your own. You have the right to fight your DUI charge. Call the Douglass Law Office today and put my experience and expertise on your side.